Purchaser / Planner
- Sterling, Virginia
This job ad was removed 9 days ago. It either:
- Has been filled
- Was taken down by the employer
- Didn’t pass our most recent quality check
Search for other opportunities and apply to jobs you're interested in as soon as you can to ensure you don't miss out!
As part of the team, the Buyer will be responsible for, but not limited to, working with internal sales, our overseas offices, manufacturing units, and the R&D staff to negotiate prices, establish lead times and purchase products, as well as planning, forecasting, and inventory management for the Imaging Business Unit. Responsibilities of the buyer position will include project work to reduce costs and improve processes as well on ongoing vendor evaluations in accordance to ISO 9001requirements. Works under general supervision. Although the location of the position is in Sterling, VA, from time to time it may be required to undertake duties at other ThorLabs locations.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
- Purchasing (Daily purchasing, expediting, date and data management)
- Planning (Daily printing, scheduling/ re-scheduling/ date management)
- Product Availability and Lead Time calculation
- Initiates and participates in purchasing improvement and cost reduction programs
- Generate special and periodic reports as required or directed
- RMA Vendor Returns
- Inventory Control and Inventory Planning (Safety Stock, forecast, build/order size)
- Vendor Relationship Management
Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar position preferred.
High School Diploma or equivalent or equivalent work experience
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong sense of ownership
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong ability to work well in a group atmosphere, and comply with high quality standards.
- Strong ability to shift from one task to another to address changing production priorities.
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
Job ID: 345496086