Battelle National Biodefense Institute
The National Biodefense Analysis and Countermeasures Center (NBACC) is a Department of Homeland Security (DHS) federal laboratory sponsored by the DHS Science and Technology Directorate (S&T) managed and operated by the Battelle National Biodefense Institute, LLC (BNBI). NBACC is a Federally Funded Research and Development Center (FFRDC).
The NBACC mission is to provide the Nation with the scientific basis for characterization of biological threats and bioforensic analysis to support attribution of their planned or actual use. NBACC operates within the Department of Homeland Security, Science and Technology Directorate, Office of National Laboratories (ONL), and follows the strategic vision under this office to:
1. Provide technical expertise and high-quality Research, Development, Test and Evaluation (RDT&E) laboratory solutions.
2. Demonstrate the value of the NBACC within the ONL Enterprise of Laboratories.
3. Create and maintain a resilient infrastructure operated with quality processes and providing enduring and emerging capabilities.
4. Enhance networked laboratory capabilities with other ONL labs to align with current and long-ranged HSE threats and demands.
5. Develop, train and retain a diverse workforce with multifaceted skills and talents to address current and future challenges.
NBACC also supports the critical mission and programmatic needs for the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), in concert with the Weapons of Mass Destruction Directorate and the Laboratory Division, for providing agile (24/7) and expert support for bioforensics. NBACC is critical to providing rapid, dynamically directable scientific and operational capabilities in order to support response to biocrime, bioterrorism, or infec¬tious disease outbreaks of national significance. Our vision is for the NBACC to be the national security biocontainment laboratory that responds to, and provides data required to support prevention, protection, mitigation, and recovery from, current and future biocrime and bioterrorism threats.
Benefits may vary per position and employment status
Job Openings with Battelle National Biodefense Institute
We currently do not have any open positions, but please check back soon.
Join our Talent Network to be considered for future opportunities at Battelle National Biodefense Institute