VERSA PRODUCTS INC is hiring for a full-time Floor Foreman who is comfortable working hands-on and has excellent leadership skills. We are primarily a metal fabricating facility, that will produce several hundred finished products per day. Our manufacturing floor is 75,000 sqft with some of latest technology in laser cutting and bending. Our ideal factory leader is an expert coach and communicator, capable of inspiring and engaging multiple teams into action for one common goal. Join the team that is taking over the most sought-after standing desks market in the USA. We design and produce the highest quality electric standing desk products in the industry.
The Floor Foreman will oversee and manage production shift employees and ensure compliance with safety, quality, and quantity standards. The Floor Foreman will work hands-on with equipment in a metal fabrication environment and should display excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Manages production employees on the assigned shift.
- Tracks team and individual performance while achieving company goals
- Oversees the daily workflow and assignments of the production shift.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Circulate employee work areas.
- Evaluate employee production daily.
- Maintain daily logs.
- Communicates frequently with employees by providing direction and assists when needed.
- Survey production floor to identify areas of improvement.
- Oversees production operations on assigned shift.
- Prepares work schedules to ensure efficient operations.
- Maintains knowledge of processes and equipment.
- Ensures that products are identified, weighed, and warehoused correctly.
- Troubleshoots issues that arise.
- Notifies maintenance department of equipment problems.
- Ensures that employees comply with applicable safety regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Ensures paperwork is completed and signed correctly.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Thorough understanding of or the ability to quickly learn production operations and machinery.
- Excellent supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software to complete reports and logs.
- Ability to speak Spanish preferred but not required.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent experience required.
- Industrial Engineering degree or related field preferred
- 8-10 years experience as a Foreman/Supervisor/Lead performing related duties
- Must be able to traverse the production facility.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds at a time.
Why Work at Versa?
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Dental, Vision, and Health Insurance
- Company Events (Christmas Parties, Raffles, Free Lunches)
- Pathway to Career Advancement
- Vacation, PTO, Sick Days
Keywords: production, supervisor, manager, metal fabrication, leader, communicator, motivator, hands-on, operations, efficient, proactive, warehouse, foreman