Position Title: Operations Manager
Position Overview: Oversee daily operations of our Tucson, AZ plant, that feeds 3 divisions, manufacturing multiple printed products for the Retail, Vending and the Promotional Products industries.
Supervision: Operations manager will report directly to Chief Operating Officer.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities: Oversight includes all aspects of print-production including Prepress, Press (Offset, Flexo & Screen) as well as all finishing work from cutting & letterpress through packaging and shipping. Specific duties include, but are not limited to...
- Oversee all production area supervisors, to ensure consistency in communication with their teams and foster a true team environment.
- Provide leadership and guidance to all production employees to foster a high-functioning, respect-based working environment at all levels.
- Oversee all hiring, terminations, recognition, discipline and performance management of production supervisors and their teams.
- Assist production scheduler with daily juggling of a dynamic workload across multiple divisions. Ability to assess and prioritize workload.
- Ensure appropriate inventory levels for production plant are established and maintained.
- Work closely with procurement team to establish best pricing for all locally purchased supplies.
- Work within established budgets for labor and production supplies and help to develop annual budgets for both going forward.
- Responsible for ensuring company vision and core values are consistently communicated and adhered to by production team.
- Create Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for production team with COO, communicate and track them with area supervisors.
- Maintain clean, organized, and safe working environment for all production employees.
- Interface directly with divisional managers to ensure their needs are understood and met.
- Design, develop & implement training schedules for all production employees
- Work closely with compliance Director to ensure production areas consistently meet or exceed requirements of current certifications held by TMI.
- Promote strong culture of Quality, Safety and Respect.
- Strong focus on continuous improvement
- 3-5 years of Print-production management ($10 Million or more annual revenue)
- Previous oversight of 30+ employees through 6-8 direct reports.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in offset print production
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong working knowledge of all aspects of offset print production. (Flexo a plus)
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Extremely organized with strong attention to detail
- Solid computer skills and ability to learn and master new systems
- Ability to handle a dynamic, fast-paced work environment
- Ability to assess issues as they arise and provide informed, logical solutions
- Punctuality, integrity and respect for others
- Drug Free
Bachelors degree or related
Bi-lingual a plus (English-Spanish)
Compensation and Benefits:
Salaried position: $55 – $75K per year commensurate with experience
Benefits include (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K)
Clean and Safe Work Environment
Vacation, Holiday and Sick pay