WE ARE GROWING! Come join Berkshire Manufactured Products, a division of the Whitcraft Group. We offer a competitive salary, a robust benefits package, and a 401k.
SUMMARY: The job description pertains to duties associated and included with this particular position, but is not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Setup and operate all CNC lathes and mills
• Ensure setups meet Op Sheet quality requirements prior to 1st Piece submittal
• Assist with trouble shooting quality and equipment problems in CNC areas
• Understand and follow all safety guidelines • Understand and follow company and AS9100 procedures
• Work with engineering on machining enhancements and technology improvements
• Champion progressive change, set up reduction, continuous improvement and flow line principles
• Recommend changes to Engineering Setup and Run Labor Standards where appropriate QUALIFICATIONS: Skills:
• Strong communication skills • Proficiency in use of typical machine shop inspection methods – micrometers, verniers, functional gaging, comparator, etc.
• Ability to lift up to 25 lbs safely • Programming and CAD/CAM skills a plus
Education and/or Experience:
• High School Diploma or Equivalent • 10 years minimum experience in machining
• 5 year minimum CNC overall experience
• Knowledge and experience with milling and turning cutting tool selection
• Familiarity with machining characteristics of aluminum, titanium, steel and nickel alloys
Job ID: 242460624