Job ID: 199527561
3 - 5 years
Location: (Chesapeake/Norfolk/Virginia Beach/Newport News/Richmond) Virginia area
FARO Technologies, Inc. is continuing to develop new products that will revolutionize and disrupt the high-tech measurement and imaging industry. We are a global company traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange with a passion for excellence and success.
FARO has a culture of innovation and an absolute commitment to reliability at all touch points. We encourage employee success by offering excellent benefits and a variety of career and training opportunities. FARO is completely focused on simplifying processes through innovation, integrity, teamwork, accountability and a friendly work environment.
Our Account Manager, Capital Sales Equipment will work out of a home office and will be centrally based around the Virginia Beach area. Relocation is not available for this position.
How you will make a difference @ FARO:
- Generate sales revenues by performing product demonstrations at selected customer sites.
- Evaluate customer requirements; including installation location, mounting requirements, customer engineering drawings, CAD data, GD&T and inspection plans.
- Identify additional sales opportunities outside of traditional channels.
- Utilize all available resources including sales management, Inside Sales Specialists, Applications Engineers, marketing and others to advance and close sales.
- Work as part of the sales team to generate ideas for company sales opportunities, processes and systems.
- Provide feedback to FARO R&D for product improvement.
- Act as point of contact and provide technical support to potential customers during the evaluation period.
This position requires:
- Min 3 yrs. proven and successful track record in sales of Capital Equipment/Industrial Sales
- Knowledge of CAD
- Ability to work independently
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field strongly preferred
- Background in manufacturing (automotive, aerospace, power generation, metalworking, machinery, etc)
- Metrology, coordinate measurement, 3D-imaging, and quality control (print identification, familiarity with GD&T, etc).
- Demonstrated ability to isolate and identify technical problems, formulate and demonstrate solutions
- Ability to travel extensively within territory (Southern and central Ohio...portions of West Virginia)
- Valid driver’s license with excellent driving record
FARO has excellent benefits for you and your family. We not only care for our employees, but also to their immediate family members. We believe in a balanced work-life and have developed programs and benefits plans to support that ethic, such as:
- A competitive paid time off bank and paid holidays
- Medical, dental, life and AD&D insurance plans
- Pre-tax flex spending accounts for medical and dependent care
- 401K with employer match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Training opportunities
- Wellness fairs
- Frequent lunch and learns to help educate employees about various issues affecting their lives
- Other employee events
FARO is the world's most trusted source for 3D measurement, imaging and realization technology. The Company develops and markets computer-aided measurement and imaging devices and software for the following vertical markets:
- Factory Metrology - High-precision 3D measurement, imaging and comparison of parts and complex structures within production and quality assurance processes
- Construction BIM-CIM - 3D capture of as-built construction projects and factories to document complex structures and perform quality control, planning and preservation
- Public Safety Forensics - Capture and analysis of on-site real-world data to investigate crash, crime and fire, plan security activities and provide virtual reality training for public safety personnel
- Product Design - Capture detailed and precise 3D data from existing products permitting CAD analysis and redesign, after market design and legacy part replication
- 3D Machine Vision - 3D vision for both control and measurement to the manufacturing floor through 3D sensors and custom solutions
FARO's global headquarters is located in Lake Mary, Florida. The Company also has a technology center and manufacturing facility consisting of approximately 90,400 square feet located in Exton, Pennsylvania containing research and development, manufacturing and service operations of our FARO Laser TrackerTM and FARO Cobalt Array Imager product lines.
The Company's European regional headquarters is located in Stuttgart, Germany and its Asia-Pacific regional headquarters is located in Singapore. FARO has other offices in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Germany, the United Kingdom, France, Spain, Italy, Poland, Turkey, The Netherlands, Switzerland, India, China, Malaysia, Thailand, South Korea, Japan, and Australia.
As an employee of FARO, you will become part of a dynamic organization which values quality, leadership, teamwork, honesty and openness as a way of life in conducting our business.
FARO Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace with Pre-Employment Drug Screening. EEO/AA/M/F/D/V