Job ID: 180794734
Berg Steel Pipe, Panama City, Florida operates as a subsidiary of BERG EUROPIPE Holding Corp and is one of the leading manufacturers of large-diameter line pipe in North America. We specialize in pipe production for the oil and gas sector.
We are currently seeking a Quality Control Managerfor our Panama City, Florida facility. The Quality Control Manager position is Responsible for the implementation and continual improvement of the Quality Management System, development of QC procedures, product trace ability and release, monitoring of quality trends and communicating opportunities for improvement; and ensuring appropriate QC setups are distributed and available for use at the required operating and inspection stations, as well as being in the appropriate central or site based systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Functional control of all quality processes, inspections and tests required to assure product quality and conformance with product specifications.
- Implementation of Customer Order Requirements as documented in MPS /CPS/ ITP and other related documents.
- Responsible for traceability, hold and release of product as well as control of the API Monogram.
- Approval of Customer Orders in SAP as confirmation that quality requirements for customer orders can be met.
- Preparation and approval of Inspection and Test Plans issued to the shop floor for standard / stock / piling products in accordance to specifications.
- Input and approval of QC departmental procedures, to include Lab and NDT procedures and Customer Cards in I5 System.
- Perform routine process / system audits on the shop floor.
- Functional control of NDT operations to ensure specification compliance and product conformance.
- Ensure the QC Shift Audits of the production, NDT and Lab testing / inspection activities continually meet product requirements.
- Training and Certification of NDT, Lab and Inspection Personnel.
- Control of Lab Test Processes for Pipe.
- Customer Requirement Mechanical Test Data - I5 Input.
- Maintenance of Lab Equipment.
- Maintain Calibration Program in accordance with QMS requirements.
- Review of Raw Material MTRs and Release of Heats for Processing.
- Ensure compliance with requirements for Product Traceability as detailed in the QMS & Product Specification.
- Control and approval of Product Hold and Release, Nonconforming Product, Customer NCRs and Field Complaints in accordance with QMS requirements.
- Endorse certificates for customers which guarantee that all products received comply with agreed to standards.
- Control of the API Monogram in accordance with QMS requirements.
- Maintain the quality records generated from the shop floor.
- Prepare documentation to support Vendor Claims.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with internal/external customers and 3rdparty inspectors through proper business etiquette and professionalism.
- Review customer requirements and propose methods of compliance where necessary.
- Modify and update existing equipment to comply with standards requirements.
- Identify quality problems and recommend / initiate the necessary corrective / preventive actions with Operations.
- Monitor quality trends and report routine / substantial developments to senior management and other functional areas of the Company.
- Prepare reports such as QC Mill Instructions and 3rd party reports.
- Provide quality awareness training, as required.
- Maintain technical and product awareness and evaluate new equipment and proposals from inspection and testing vendors.
Required Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or combination of education and relevant work experience.
- Three or more years of progressive QA leadership experience in a continuous process manufacturing environment.
Preferred Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Metallurgical Engineering or Materials Science Engineering.
- Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma training/experience.
- Experience in steel / pipe manufacturing industry.
- Experience with metallurgical testing equipment and inspection operations.
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 and API Q1 Quality Standards.
- Experience in managing large volumes of data using Excel and Minitab.
- Auditor training and experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio).
Berg Steel Pipe provides a very attractive compensation (including bonus) and benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, paid time off, matching 401k program, etc.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (MFDV) and a Drug Free Work Place.